Format Copier’s Company Values
Trust forms a pivotal part of our foundations which extends to you and all our business dealings, including doing the right thing with your information. Format Painter is guided by three pillars when it comes to how develop our products and services as well how we think about your information and privacy. These pillars are outlined for you below:
· Your Information Remains Yours
Throughout all our business operations we will diligently analyze what types of information we need to provide our services and attempt to limit this information to what is required for us to perform these services. Where practical, we will delete or anonymize this information if it is no longer required. This principle extends to all our current product offerings ensuring our teams create and build these with consumer privacy in mind. Overall, your information remains yours and we aim only to use your information to benefit you.
· Your Information is Protected from Others
In the event a third party requests your Personal Information, we will refuse to share this unless provided with specific permissions from you or we are legally required to do so. When we are legally required to provide any such information, we will tell you in advance, unless we are legally forbidden.
· Transparency & Integrity
Format Copier will provide you with transparency and control over your Personal information and will always comply with privacy and data protections laws around the world. Our commitment to these protections includes providing detailed FAQs, privacy tools, clear procedures and policies and active engagement to privacy-related questions we receive.
Why we process your information
We generally process your Personal Data to fulfil a contractual obligation (for example, to process payments, fulfill orders or conduct usual business operations). European law refers to these reasons “legitimate interests” which include but are not limited to:
· Providing customer support (for example, answering questions);
· Preventing risk and fraud;
· Providing and improving our products and services;
· Providing reports and analytics
· Testing out features or additional services; and
· Assisting with marketing, advertising, or other communications.
We only process Personal Data for these “legitimate interests” after considering the risks to your privacy. We are committed to the protection of your privacy and as such provide clear transparency into our privacy practices. Further, where appropriate we offer you control over your Personal Data, we will limit the information and dealing that we keep, who it is sent too and how long we keep this information.
Where we send your information
We are an Australian company, but we work with and process Personal Data about individuals across the world. To effectively operate our business, we may send your Personal Data outside your state, province, or country. This Personal Data may be subject to the laws of the countries where we send it. Accordingly, in these circumstances we take steps to protect your information and try to only send your information to countries that have strong data protections laws.
In the event you are in Europe or Switzerland your Personal Data will be sent to Australia where is it protected under Australian law.
Last Modified Date: 30 January 2023
This policy will outline how you can change information that you have already provided to us and only applies to the business information collected via our website. Format Copier complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘the Act’) and any code approved by the Privacy Commissioner under Section 18DD of the Act. This includes the National Privacy Principles introduced on 21 December 2001.
1. Personal Data Defined
2. Your Consent
3. Collection of Personal and Non-Personal Data
· When using our website or interactions with us via advertisement or emails, certain information is automatically collected via cookies or other tracking technologies. This may include but in not limited to Internet Protocol (IP), login information, time zones as well as information regarding website viewing data.
· Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
· We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
o “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
o “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
o “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
· Finally, when you make a purchase, attempt to make a purchase or start a trial through the Site, you may be required to submit certain personal data when you register through the Service, including your name, billing address, payment information (collected through our payment gateway provider, Stripe), IP address and email address.
· During your interaction with our website or communications we may collect and store personal data and other information that you may voluntarily provide. This may include but is not limited to when you place orders, provide payment details, sign-up, engage customer service, subscribe, review and browse our website or create an account.
Third Party Sources
· With consent we may also obtain and collect personal information from third party sources. This may include but is not limited to social media, third party apps and similar technologies. The information may include the personal data as define in clause 1 as well as any other publicly observed data.
External Site Links
4. Use of Personal Data
We may only use your personal data as described below, unless you have specifically consented to another type of use at any time from the information is collected.
· For us to perform a contract with you we use and process your Personal Data to carry out our contractual obligations or provide you with our Services. This may include but not limited to; processing orders, payments and other requested information to enter into a contract. Additionally, our legitimate interests for the use of this data are not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms. Our legitimate interests include but are not limited to management of your registered account/membership with us, our business activity, customer service obligations, business research and analysis, administrative management and prevention of website fraud or abuse.
· To respond to your requests or inquiries
· To improve our services
· To disclose personal data as required by legal processes or law
· To disclose personal data to investigate violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the terms or policies for our services or our sponsors.
· To transfer your personal data in connection with the sale or merger or change of control of Format Copier or the division responsible for the services with which your personal data is associated
· To share with third parties if to add to the purpose for which you provided such information to us. Specifically, we may share your information with the third parties listed below (collectively, the “Third Party Vendors”). We encourage you to read the privacy practices of all of our Third Party Vendors before submitting any personal data through the Service.
Third Party Vendor
5. Use of Non-Personal Data
Non-personal data or information may be used by us for any purposes permitted by law and may be shared with any number of parties provided that the information does not specifically identify you.
We may also use non-personal data for Site analytics and conversion tracking purposes. This includes sharing this information with third party analytics and conversion tracking providers.
6. Your Consent
· Through your use of this Website, you represent that you are at least of the age require by law in your local state or province of residence to access the functions of this website or you have given us the consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this Website.
· Based on your engagement with our website and services and as such providing your consent we use and process your Personal and Non-Personal Data for other marketing purposes. This includes but is not limited to communicating with you about products & services, delivering products of potential interests to you including targeted advertisement and personalizing and customizing your website experience.
7. Security of Information
Format Copier takes pride in protecting your Personal Data and as such we take all reasonable precautions to ensure this information is kept secure. Further we do not sell your personal data and only share this information under the following circumstances:
· Authorised Personnel: Within Format Copier, only duly authorised personnel will be provided access to your Personal Data where necessary to perform their duties for the purposes set out in Clause 4 above.
Format Copier will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Data that is no longer needed or requested to be expunged from our database records be destroyed or permanently removed from our control.
Website and Payment:
· This Website and is associated extension store are hosted by GoDaddy Inc and Google Inc which provide us with an e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our services. Accordingly, your data is stored through their data storage, data based and the general application.
· In the event you select a direct payment gateway to complete your transaction and payment, then Stripe stores your credit card data. For more information on Stripe’s data protection please visit https://stripe.com/au/legal/end-users
Format Copier will provide you with all reasonable access to the Personal Data that we collect and hold on you, except in the event that contradicts our obligations with the Act. We are committed to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data that we collect, use or disclose is accurate complete and up to date. We may from time to time contact you directly to check that our information is accurate and up to date.
Format Copier respects you rights to the following in regards to your Personal Data.
· To obtain a copy of your Personal Data, access and update your Personal Data, request to delete your Personal Data, withdraw consent given to use your data previously: and
· Make a complaint against us to your local jurisdiction data protection or privacy authority.
The rights and details above may be exercised and accessed by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject of “Personal Data Policy Rights”.
8. Policy Changes
9. Contact Details:
For any complaints/enquiries regarding the privacy issues pertained in this policy please contact us at email@example.com.